New Year’s Eve is one of my favorite nights of the year! It’s the perfect chance to relax and celebrate all you’ve accomplished from the last year and all you have to look forward to in the coming one. But also… You get to wear gorgeous outfits! New Year’s Eve outfits are some of the most stunning, festive, celebratory looks we get to wear all year. The outfit you wear on New Year’s Eve ushers you into the new year. You want to look and feel your best, even if you’re spending the night cuddling on the couch, so you start 2022 on a high note with confidence.
Get ready to watch the ball drop and kiss your loved one (dogs included!) at midnight with one of these 22 2022-inspired New Year’s Eve outfits.
1. Black sequin skirt + white blouse + stockings + heels/booties
This is a classic New Year’s Eve outfit that looks polished and clean, while still having a little bit of sparkle. Plus, you can use basics you already have in your closet like black heels, tights or leggings, and a white blouse (or even a crisp white t-shirt). Then, all you need is a sequin statement piece and you’re ready for the NYE countdown!
2. Sequin skirt + knit sweater + heels
Stay warm and stylish by pairing a sequin skirt with a chunky knit. The sweater adds a casual and cozy vibe to the elevated look of the sequins, while still staying sophisticated with the heels and bold red lip.
3. Sequin pants + sweater + heels
Switch out the sequin skirt for party-ready sequin pants instead. Sequin pants are a bold touch, while still being comfortable and ready for any dance moves that come your way.
Find your perfect designer heels with our Guide to All Things High Heels.
4. Sequin shorts + button-down + blazer + stockings
Substitute the pants for sequin shorts and add a blazer for a New Year’s Eve outfit that’s equal parts polished and trendy. The stockings, heels, and blazer will keep you warm while also making this outfit appropriate for more upscale events, like a NYE party with coworkers.
5. Sequin blazer + all-black outfit
Have we exhausted the sequins yet? Nope – you can’t get enough glitter in your New Year’s Eve outfits! Keep it simple and chic with an all-black outfit, but add a sequin blazer for that wow factor. What’s so wonderful about this outfit is how easily you can make it your own. Wear leggings and a black tee for a comfier look or dress it up with black trousers and a silk blouse. What matters most is the showstopping blazer (you can even use the work blazer you already have in your closet). Don’t forget a matching purse; we love how this one is black and gold to match the rest of the outfit.
6. Little black dress + black leather jacket + purse
Transitioning away from sequins, why not go with a chic all-black outfit? Wearing a midi or maxi black dress paired with a leather jacket is effortlessly cool and easy to throw together with wardrobe basics you probably wear all the time. Dress this look up with gold or silver jewelry for that New Year’s Eve vibe without going over the top.
7. Little black dress + faux fur vest
If you’re wearing a mini or knee-length little black dress, try pairing it with a faux fur vest. This creates a cute, cozy aesthetic that’s casual enough for a night in or polished enough for a night out.
8. Fringe dress
Party like you’re at Gatsby’s with a gorgeous and fun fringe dress! The texture creates visual intrigue that will have you the center of attention without even trying. Plus, is there anything more fun than twirling in a fringe dress to make you giddy for 2022?
9. Pencil skirt + NYE tee
For a smart casual look, try pairing your favorite pencil skirt (or any skirt) with a cute tee made for New Year’s Eve. Search on Etsy to find a New Year’s Eve shirt that you like, or just go for a white tee or button-down! (The pencil skirt doesn’t have to be glittery, but we always love NYE sequins.)
What’s smart casual? Learn the difference between smart casual and business casual in our article: 27 fashion hacks that will change your life.
10. Champagne dress
Speaking of champagne, why not match your dress to your favorite bubbly? A champagne-colored dress is the perfect New Year’s Eve outfit that you can re-wear throughout the year (and next New Year’s Eve) since that flattering champagne color will never go out of style.
11. Blush pink dress
A gorgeous alternative to champagne is blush pink. Blush is a feminine color that’s appropriate for both day and night, perfect for continuing the festivities through the wee hours of the morning.
12. Champagne skirt with blush sweater
This outfit brings together two NYE-ready colors into one gorgeous, unique outfit. With a satin champagne skirt and a fuzzy pink top, you have a textured New Year’s Eve outfit that’s unique from the classic black and sequins. Don’t be afraid to play around with colors, textures, and different types of “glamor” for your New Year’s style.
13. Satin slip dress
Slip dresses are a wardrobe essential when it comes to formal events. They’re graceful and sophisticated, and they’ll blend into any New Year’s Eve party. Their silky texture and silhouette don’t require a lot of extra jewelry or accessories to make a statement.
14. Tee underneath a satin slip dress
Throw a t-shirt underneath your slip dress if you want to dress it down or add more coverage to your chest. This gives it a more rocker, casual aesthetic that’s perfect for boldly walking into the new year with grace.
15. Black jumpsuit
A simple black jumpsuit is chic and elegant, perfect for ringing in the new year with timeless sophistication. You can make the jumpsuit your own by adding sparkly heels, a crisp blazer, a cozy cardigan, and lots of glittery accessories. A short-sleeve or spaghetti strap black jumpsuit is a particularly great option if you live somewhere warm and want something “wintery” that won’t make you sweat all night.
16. Brightly colored jumpsuit
Want to make a bold statement going into 2022? Then try a gorgeous jumpsuit in a saturated color like bright red or emerald green (emerald green is particularly trendy for winter 2021). Rocking a bright color that speaks to your soul and personal style is the perfect way to introduce the 2022 version of you with confidence.
17. Silver and grey New Year’s Eve outfit
Pair silver, metallics, and grey for a New Year’s Eve outfit that’s full of stunning dimension and eye-catching intrigue. This look is perfect if you need an ensemble that’s both casual and elegant, while also giving you that sparkle that’s so characteristic of a New Year’s bash.
18. Velvet dress
Glittery dresses are a classic for New Year’s Eve outfits, but if you want to get the same vibe without the sequins, try a velvet dress! Velvet has a subtle shimmer that’s perfect for a night out, but it adds a different texture amidst a sea of other sequin dresses. Plus, it will keep you warm if you’re going to a New Year’s Eve party outdoors, and you can easily re-wear it to a winter wedding, work party, or even dressed down with sneakers and a tote for a casual date.
Psst… Add stockings—even sheer ones—to keep your legs warm with shorter skirts. Check out these 15 winter fashion hacks for a gorgeous cold-weather ensemble.
19. Pleated metallic skirt
Another way to get that shimmery aesthetic without the sequins is with a metallic skirt. I love the look of a pleated metallic skirt because it’s timeless and refined while leaving room to add trendy elements like a crop top. There’s something so feminine about the way a pleated skirt moves that will have you sauntering into the new year with an Audrey Hepburn level of refinement.
20. Leather leggings + shimmery sweater
Stay cozy while looking chic by pairing leather leggings with a shimmery sweater (or any oversized sweater). Add strappy heels and glitzy accessories, and you’ve got a put-together outfit in seconds.
Love leggings as much as we do? Check out our list of 11 leggings outfits that are comfortable and polished.
21. Denim jeans + sequin or colored tee
For a cute and casual look, you can’t go wrong with your most flattering pair of jeans and a sequin or brightly colored top. Add a few dainty accessories and heels or booties for a simply sophisticated New Year’s Eve outfit.
22. Cashmere sweatsuit
Don’t underestimate the power of comfortable cashmere. If you want a cozy vibe going into 2022, whether you’re going to a casual party or hanging out at home, throw on a matching jogger set. Cashmere will elevate the look of the outfit, so you can even wear your joggers to a friend’s party paired with heels and a clutch. Or throw on some slippers, grab a champagne flute and enjoy the countdown from the comfort of your couch! Plus, cashmere is sustainable and will keep you warm!
Happy 2022! What will your New Year’s Eve outfit look like?
- 1: https://lifebylee.com/new-years-eve-2018-outfit-ideas/
- 2: https://daniaustin.com/new-years-eve-outfit-ideas-2019/
- 3: https://tinilux.com/blogs/tini-lux-edit/six-nye-outfits?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=social
- 4: https://www.yipsy.net
- 5: https://www.southerncurlsandpearls.com
- 6: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/538250592940959354/
- 7: https://eoooh.storenvy.com/products/25260573-fashion-2019-hot-black-boots-d2650?epik=dj0yJnU9VG12MVZvN3k0bW9YMVhzY0E5eXA1ek9LZEZ6YmtnSFMmcD0wJm49M01UeHNDSkkxXy13aWMyZElOc3daQSZ0PUFBQUFBR0Z4MGgw
- 8: https://beautyholo.com/new-years-eve-outfit-ideas/
- 9: http://www.thebobbedbrunette.com/2014/12/pop-champagne.html
- 10: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/1055599901997328/
- 11: https://whitswhims.com/holiday-party-new-years-eve-outfit-ideas/
- 12: https://www.whowhatwear.com/amp/casual-new-years-eve-outfits
- 13: https://camillestyles.com/beauty/your-search-for-the-perfect-new-years-eve-outfit-stops-here/
- 14: https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/last-minute-new-years-eve-outfit-ideas#slide-14
- 15: https://www.etsy.com/listing/254872585/elegant-jumpsuit-black-drop-croch-wrap?epik=dj0yJnU9Q0VqNnZMUTBvQTkzcm9XNGdhQ3o3WmYyNDhTQ3BmWTImcD0wJm49Q2lLb0F6Sm1WWmpKVFVkbGJLNVl6USZ0PUFBQUFBR0Z5NmNZ
- 16: https://stylepantry.com/2019/12/26/emerald-v-neck-jumpsuit/
- 17: https://www.chicmony.com/products/sequin-wide-flare-pants?variant=31440686776417&epik=dj0yJnU9RnF2QkRUWTI0TGRfSUVWSS1vS1RPR1JvMTZIUWlMOXcmcD0wJm49Qjh0ZjN5TlRwZE9kU3hkRmZXN3Q0dyZ0PUFBQUFBR0Z5N3lV
- 18: https://whitswhims.com/holiday-party-new-years-eve-outfit-ideas/
- 19: https://www.bonanza.com/listings/New-beige-metallic-pleated-light-high-waist-summer-skirt-metalic-midi-length/599661720
- 20: https://stayglam.com/fashion/15-new-years-eve-outfit-ideas/
- 21: https://www.shopltk.com/explore/karinastylediaries/posts/06238266-213a-11ea-9fed-0242ac110002
- 22: https://withlovefromkat.com/matching-jogger-set/