Your closet is full of gorgeous clothes, and yet, somehow, “there’s nothing to wear”! Some days, it just feels like you can’t put an outfit together, even though you’ve worn these pieces a hundred times before. If that’s the case, you might be suffering from fashion fatigue, and it happens to the best of us. That’s why we’re giving you 9 of the simplest, go-to outfits you can throw together when you have nothing to wear, using fashion essentials you probably already have in your closet.
Beige coat + denim jeans
Every woman looks stunning in a quality pair of denim jeans, a white or black top, and a knee-length camel coat or khaki trench. Paired with cute sneakers or your favorite go-to heels and you’ve got the perfect effortless and timeless outfit you can wear to just about any event.
For chillier days, you might want to opt for a wool camel coat…
But for spring, summer, and rain you might want a lighter khaki trench with a tie-waist.
Not sure how to style jeans and a white tee for warmer weather? Check out our list of summer essentials and how to style them!
Pencil skirt + casual blouse
Put your work wardrobe to use even on your days off. I love how easily a pencil skirt can transition from conservative workwear to sultry eveningwear with just a few tweaks. So, throw on your favorite, most flattering pencil skirt and pair it with…
A graphic tee for a casual day date…
A satin cami or blouse for a fancy brunch…
Or a cute cropped top, layered with an oversized button-down or blazer for a chic night on the town.
Little black dress
I’ve said it once and you can bet good money I’ll say it again: the little black dress is a must-have for every woman’s closet. It is truly the most versatile and flattering piece you will ever own.
Pair your LBD with a denim jacket or cardigan with sneakers to dress it down…
Or with heels and elegant jewelry to dress it up.
The key to a good little black dress is finding one that suits your unique features, whether it’s a classic dress with a slit to show off your legs…
A fit and flare that shows off those gorgeous curves…
Or something textured with illusion elements to add a little intrigue to a solid black dress.
There are a million ways to wear a little black dress. Add neutral accessories (yes, we consider animal prints a neutral!) for a classic, clean look…
Or add a little color for a fun, fresh statement!
Make sure your little black dress is designer-quality and practical enough to fit your lifestyle, so you can get the most use out of it. I’ll never get enough of a little black dress that has pockets!
Find your perfect little black dress from your favorite designers at a fraction of their ticket price at Current Boutique. Check out these little black dresses that are under $100!
Graphic tee + biker shorts
For something casual, comfortable, and chic, try a graphic tee paired with biker shorts. It’s easy to throw together, but you’ll look so cute running errands or hanging out with your girls. Once you’ve got the tee and the shorts, start adding accessories to create a full outfit. The right layers and accessories can really take this look from plain to polished.
A cute crossbody defines your waist so it doesn’t look like you’re swimming in an oversized graphic tee.
Add a denim jacket with clean, white sneakers for a casual look with an edgy vibe.
Hoop earrings and layered gold necklaces look refined while still offering comfort and style. (This is a perfect work-from-home outfit to feel put-together enough to get down to business while still relaxed enough to lounge around on your couch.)
Not a fan of graphic tees? Any tee in your favorite color will do the trick when paired with the right accessories, like sunglasses and cute shoes.
I love how a black tee or black sweater with simple biker shorts can look so elevated and put-together when styled with the right accessories.
You don’t have to stick to just black shorts either. If you like neutrals or a pop of color, don’t be afraid to mix and match your favorite shorts.
Stop worrying about matching tops and bottoms. With a jumpsuit, your outfit is perfectly matched in just one piece! I love that you can wear the same jumpsuit a hundred different ways based on how you style it with accessories, shoes, and layers. A high-quality jumpsuit that suits your body type and personal style will become your new favorite wardrobe essential.
You can’t go wrong with a classic, flattering black jumpsuit. Dress it up with heels and sunglasses, or dress it down with white sneakers and a tote bag.
Or opt for a neutral jumpsuit that pairs with the majority of the accessories in your closet that you can wear year-round with a cardigan and boots for winter or wedges and a sunhat for summer.
This white, striped jumpsuit is perfect for warmer weather because it’s light and cute, while the stripes add height and length to your look.
Although neutral jumpsuits are a great foundation, I also love colorful jumpsuits with flirty touches like ruffles and a cinched waist.
Strapless and off-the-shoulder jumpsuits are such a beautiful summer look, but you can also add a cardigan for fall days or chilly evenings.
I would put linen overalls in this category too. I love overalls because they are so fun and youthful, and you can play around with different crop tops, bandeaus, tees, and graphic tees to create infinitely new looks.
White button-up + jeans
There is nothing more effortless and cute than a white button-down paired with denim jeans. It’s simple, clean, and timeless. You will always look good in a high-quality pair of jeans and a well-fitting white button-down.
For something super easy to throw together, pair your favorite jeans with a long-sleeve white button-down. Add sunglasses, gold jewelry, and a structured purse for that just-got-off-my-private-jet aesthetic.
If you don’t like the silhouette of a button-down on your body type, try opening the buttons and pairing it with a neutral tank top or bandeau underneath. This will show off your curves a little more while still giving the classic refinement of the button-down and jeans look.
Add a blazer or oversized jacket for chillier days or a business casual workwear staple.
This formula of a white button-down with jeans is a great foundation to add colorful layers and accessories. I love neutrals but you’ll almost always catch me sporting a bright color because studies show that bright colors make us happier!
A spin on this look is a white button-up paired with black jeans and a denim jacket. The black pants make this outfit a little dressier (especially when paired with a neutral shoe and bag), but the denim jacket still offers that cool girl vibe (plus an extra layer for warmth).
Leggings + neutral tank top + jacket
If you read my article on how to look chic and comfortable while working from home, you already know how much I prioritize comfort these days. I will always put fashion as my number one, but cute outfits that are also practical and cozy? Sign me up! That’s why I’ve recently been obsessing over chic outfits that incorporate leggings and yoga pants. Black leggings with a white or black tank top paired with a stylish jacket is a simple, chic, and oh-so-comfortable outfit. The jacket is essential here to add that layer of refinement or you run the risk of staying more on the athleisure side (which is also a style in its own right!).
Check out these 11 leggings outfits that are both comfy and sophisticated!
My favorite look that will always, always look good: black leggings, a white tank top, and an oversized black blazer. I particularly love the elevated elements in this outfit: the leather jacket, the high neckline, and the gold chain accessories all elevate this casual look to the next level.
Sub out the white tank top for a black one for a slimming, chic vibe. Pair with comfy white sneakers and you’re ready to walk ten miles in the city (while looking insanely stylish).
Psst… For warmer days, keep the blazer but swap out the leggings for biker shorts!
Black leggings, a white tee, and a jacket. It’s so simple, and yet the addition of the matching sunglasses, watch, sneaker, and purse make this outfit look polished and purposeful.
For fall days, nothing is cuter for apple picking than black leggings, a white tee, and a plaid shacket!
Just be sure to remember the rule of thirds when putting this outfit together. Use your jacket to add length to your torso (like a longer jacket or trench) or your legs (like a cropped blazer). If you cut your outfit off in the middle, you could run the risk of feeling “frumpy” rather than cute and put together.
Notice how this woman adds more “weight” to the top of the outfit, which draws the eye upward and slims out her bottom half.
You can also create a cohesive outfit by wearing all one color, like black leggings with a black tee and black denim jacket, which will slim and lengthen the overall silhouette.
Patterned blouse + jeans
What I love most about patterns is that they add spice and dimension to your look, so you don’t need to do a lot of work to make your outfit look purposeful and on-point. Every girl needs at least one cute and flattering patterned blouse in their outfit that, when tucked into jeans, creates an easy, go-to outfit that you can wear time and time again.
I’m a huge fan of polka dots. They’re flirtatious and feminine, and they’re a great way to subtly draw the eye. I particularly love black and white polka dots because they’re neutral and timeless, so you’ll be able to mix and match the blouse with other items in your closet for years to come.
I’m also obsessed with timeless animal prints. They provide pattern and texture while still staying in the neutral color range, so you can easily pair them with jeans, black pants, blazers, and other pieces in your wardrobe.
Fresh florals are particularly popular for spring. Pair with white denim and wedges for a refined warm-weather look.
Stripes are forever summery and nautical.
But they can also give a French “it” girl vibe when paired with a denim jacket (and a baguette, of course).
And of course, you can’t go wrong with your favorite plaid for fall and winter.
Ultimately, you want to find a pattern and style that suits your personal aesthetic. This floral, ruffle shirt is feminine yet edgy.
While this blouse is a little more art-deco.
With thousands of patterns out there, the hunt is on for your favorite top! Start searching for the perfect patterned blouse now on Current Boutique.
What to wear when you have nothing to wear
With just a few wardrobe essentials, you can create tons of fresh, chic outfits that are super easy to put together. The key to creating gorgeous outfits is the quality of the pieces in your closet. Shop for your closet go-to pieces on Current Boutique. We sell thousands of designer pieces at a reduced price, so you can have access to high-quality, gorgeous pieces for less! Check out our newest, just-dropped pieces to start shopping for your wardrobe essentials.
- Beige coat: https://bycharlotteb.com/an-oversized-beige-coat-outfit-for-fall/
- Wool camel coat: https://fashionjackson.com/daily/weekend-outfit/
- Khaki trench: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/164170348894331857/
- Pencil skirt, graphic tee: https://stylereportmagazine.com/graphic-tee-10-ways-rework/
- Pencil skirt, satin blouse: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/12244230224011903/
- Pencil skirt, bandeau: https://www.jadore-fashion.com/what-to-wear-on-summer-date.html/
- Dress down LBD: https://fashionjackson.com/are-golden-goose-sneakers-worth-it/
- Dress up LBD: https://middleofsomewhereblog.com/2016/10/weekly-style-edit-link-up-black-dress.html#/
- LBD Slit: https://fashionjackson.com/16-black-dresses-you-can-wear-to-a-fall-wedding/
- Fit and flare LBD: https://fashionjackson.com/little-black-dress-outfit/
- Textured LBD: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/581879214339504110/
- Neutral LBD: https://mykindofsweet.com/2018/03/lbd-daytime-date-night/
- Colorful LBD: https://walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com/2018/02/27247/
- LBD with pockets: https://amandafontenot.com/2019/07/23/cotton-dress-with-pockets/
- Graphic tee and biker shorts: https://www.lulus.com/blog/fashion/biker-shorts-oufits/
- Crossbody graphic tee: https://www.brightontheday.com/biker-shorts-outfits/
- Graphic tee denim jacket: https://alwaysmeliss.com/what-to-wear-with-biker-shorts/
- Graphic tee gold jewelry: https://soxy.com/blogs/how-to-wear-biker-shorts/
- Tee and biker shorts: https://www.wishesandreality.com/2020/06/nine-ways-to-style-bike-shorts-for-women.html
- Black tee and biker shorts: http://ladyfashioniser.com/womens-bicycle-shorts-trend-looks-to-copy/
- Colored biker shorts: https://pradaandpearls.com/20-biker-shorts-outfits-to-give-you-inspiration/
- Black jumpsuit: https://fashionjackson.com/a-stylish-jumpsuit-to-wear-this-season/
- Neutral jumpsuit: https://www.stylebysavina.com/neutral-outfit/
- White striped jumpsuit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/6896205664995722/
- Blue jumpsuit: https://dressupbuttercup.com/1901-chambray-jumpsuit/
- Strapless jumpsuit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/297870962854477706/
- Overalls: https://emmajhill.com/that-feeling-when-you-just-dont-fit-in/
- White button up and jeans: https://www.dallaswardrobe.com/blog/white-button-down/
- White button down, tank top: @emmalynlove_ Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/p/CaTAKJCJqDX/
- White button down with blazer: https://www.midwestinstyle.com/white-button-up-boyfriend-jeans-pumps/#/
- White button down with color: https://www.sydnestyle.com/2017/03/6-fresh-ways-wear-white-button-shirt-spring/
- White button up and black jeans: https://fashionjackson.com/everlane-white-button-down-shirt-outfit/
- Black leggings elevated: https://www.whowhatwear.co.uk/amp/who-what-wear-belted-leather-blazer-target
- Black leggings, black top, blazer: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/315603886391398022/
- Biker shorts and blazer: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/533254412130452711/
- Black leggings gray jacket: https://soxy.com/blogs/how-to-wear-leggings/
- Fall day black leggings: http://www.bylaurenm.com/2021/10/five-shirt-jacket-outfits/#/
- Black leggings scarf: https://fashionjackson.com/top-ten-fall-essentials/
- All black leggings outfit: https://livvyland.com/2018/10/23/black-ziggy-leather-jacket-new-balance-574-white-sneakers-maternity-pregnancy-outfit-ebay/
- Floral blouse: https://bowsandsequins.com/2017/07/25/floral-blouse-nordstrom-anniversary-sale/
- Animal prints: http://ladyinviolet.com/2018/10/19/leopard-print-blouse-under-50/#/
- Striped nautical blouse: https://www.brightontheday.com/nautical-navy-stripe-off-the-shoulder-top-and-pops-of-red/
- Striped French: http://stellaasteria.com/breton-stripe-top-jeans/
- Plaid blouse: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/172614598193303403/
- Floral ruffle shirt: https://www.jeansandateacup.com/how-to-style-mom-jeans-for-fall/
- Art deco shirt: https://www.silkfred.com/blog/how-to-style/jeans-nice-top-dress-skinny-jeans/